Eight Expectations for Living ((in Math))
- We will value one another as unique and special mathematicians who solve problems in different ways
- We will not laugh at or make fun of a person’s mistakes because mistakes are learning opportunities
- We will use good manners, saying, “please,” “thank you,” and “excuse me” and allow others to go first
- We will cheer each other to success in math
- We will help one another solve problems in math whenever possible
- We will recognize maximum effort when solving problems and celebrate it
- We will encourage each other to do our best when faced with a difficult problem
- We will have high standards in math and practice the Life Principles
We are Wildcats.
We are committed, curious, critical thinkers.
We are lifelong learners who are valuable individuals.
We will be character-driven learners who will all achieve success.
We boldly take risks and embrace all life experiences
as opportunities to learn.
We are problem solvers with limitless futures.
We believe in helping and respecting others.
We are many with different strengths, combined
together for a greater good.
Oakcrest Teacher Creed
We are a unified community of dedicated life-long learners.
We believe ALL children deserve innovative educators who are passionate about the success of ALL students.
We want to create a respectful school climate focused on building character and founded on the cultivation of ALL students’ academic, social, and emotional growth.
We will model virtuous living and build authentic relationships with ALL students to help them achieve success.