Oakcrest's Phone Number- (281) 357-3033
Conference Period- 1st @ (8:00-8:45)
Tutoring Dates- Wednesday and Friday 7:20-7:38 am
- Major Grades 60% (Tests, projects)
- Daily Grades 40% (Quizzes, in class assignments)
- All grades will be linked to a TEKS (learning standard) and will reflect the students mastery of that TEKS.
- Students will use GSuite for Education frequently throughout the year in addition to other technology. Students will also have opportunities to use personal electronic devices on approved apps for instructional purposes. Expectations are that students use devices appropriately and follow the Student Code of Conduct.
- When your child is absent, they are to check the absent folder when they return for any missed work. They can also see me or a peer if they have any questions. They have one day per absent day to return assignments for no late grade penalty.
- Documentation after an Absence (All Grade Levels)
When a student is absent from school, the student—upon arrival or return to school—must
bring a note signed by the parent that describes the reason for the absence. The note must be
turned in within 3 days of the student’s return to school. Additionally, if absences become
excessive, the student may be required to submit a doctor’s note verifying illness for the
absences to be excused. A note signed by the student, even with the parent’s permission, will
not be accepted unless the student is age 18 or older or is an emancipated minor under state
law. A phone call from the parent may be accepted, but the district reserves the right to require
a written note.
The campus will document in its attendance records for the student whether the absence is
considered by the district to be excused or unexcused.
Note: Unless the absence is for a statutorily allowed reason under compulsory attendance laws,
the district is not required to excuse any absence, even if the parent provides a note explaining
Doctor’s Note after an Absence for Illness (All Grade Levels)
Within 3 days of returning to school, a student absent for more than 5 consecutive days
because of a personal illness must bring a statement from a doctor or health clinic verifying the
illness or condition that caused the student’s extended absence from school. Otherwise, the
student’s absence may be considered unexcused and, if so, would be considered to be in
violation of compulsory attendance laws.
Should the student develop a questionable pattern of absences, the principal or attendance
committee may require a statement from a doctor or health clinic verifying the illness or
Tomball ISD Student Handbook
condition that caused the student’s absence from school to determine whether the absence or
absences will be excused or unexcused.
- Tutoring will be available with one of the 6th Math teachers each morning beginning at 7:20. Students must have a pass to leave the cafeteria to go to tutoring. When students come to tutoring, they must come with a question ready to ask.