Profile of a PAP Student
Profile of a Pre-AP Student:
- Pre-AP courses are designed to challenge students and prepare them for advanced level coursework in high school and in college.
- Curriculum in Pre-AP courses often
- is more rigorous
- moves at a faster pace
- requires independent learning
- requires outside reading and work
- Students should
- have proven history of academic success in the subject area
- possess interest in the subject area
- consider balance of academic load with outside commitments
- be actively engaged in their own learning, take responsibility for work load and asking questions when needed
- possess high quality study skills and time management skills .
We encourage students to take Pre-AP and Accelerated classes. When making a decision about how many of these classes to take, consider the following factors:
- Are you a self-motivated, organized, independent worker?
- Do you need and/or have support with your organizational skills and/or studies on a daily basis?
- Are you involved in many activities? Is your interest in this course of study sufficient to ensure that you will find adequate time to complete the extra work required outside of class without having to give up the things you enjoy?
- How much sleep per night do you require in order to feel rested and be productive the following day?
- How well do you handle the rigors of a demanding academic workload? Are you realistic about your performance expectations for yourself?