My name is Ryan Murphy and I am honored to be a 6th grade math and science teacher. This will be my first year at Oakcrest and my tenth in education. My passion is math and science so I am very excited to be able to teach both this year.
When I am not in school, I enjoy spending time with my family. My wife and I have two daughters names Riley (3 years old) and Linsey (3 months old). I also enjoy playing and coaching all sports.
I am very excited to meet all my new students. This is going to be a great year!!
All Science power points are posted on student's google classroom page after we have gone over them in class to help review and study for upcoming test.
Test dates: (Subject to change)
Unit 1: Safety August 24
Unit 2: Matter project completed in class due September 25
Unit 3: Changes in Matter October 10
Unit 4: Energy Transformation November 8
Unit 5: Forces and Motion December 18
Math Online Textbook Information:
HOW TO ACCESS THE ONLINE MATH BOOK
SpringBoard Student Textbook Online
SpringBoard (6th PAP)
Access Code: ILIPQX
Complete all required fields:
- Please enter your first name.
- Please enter your last name.
- Please enter your password: TISD[student ID]! NOTE: You MUST use the exclamation piont after your TISDxxxxxxx!
- Please confirm your password.
* Usernames will be auto-generated for you. You can change your username later on in your profile.
* Please take note of your username and write it down, you will need it to login to SpringBoard from now on.
- Click Continue.
- Select “My Bookshelf” from the Dashboard.
Online Textbook Information:
Username: Tomball ID Example: Tomball28919
Password: tisd#last2digitsofbirthyear#firstandlastinitial (capitalized) Example: tisd#84#BB